Dozens of residents in Tebongkang neighborhood, Ubud, tested positive for the coronavirus this week, with officials suspecting that the new COVID-19 clusters may have originated from a recent wedding reception and funeral.

Twenty-eight people have been confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 as of Wednesday afternoon, the regional secretary of Gianyar regency, Made Gede Wisnu Wijaya, has confirmed. 

“There are two clusters, one from a wedding and the other from a funeral,” Wisnu said. The events took place in late October and earlier this month, respectively.

Health officials reportedly traced the close contacts of patients who first showed symptoms and tested positive from the events. Those patients were promptly placed in isolation, and, in order to avoid further transmissions, Tebongkang was also reportedly placed under quarantine. 

“With these cases we would like to advise all members of the public in Gianyar to be more cautious and follow health protocols laid out in the Gubernatorial Regulation and official circulars when they hold religious activities,” Wisnu said. 

As of Nov. 12, Bali has reported 12,519 total COVID-19 cases, including 403 deaths.

Read more news and updates from Bali here.

Subscribe to The Coconuts Podcast for top trending news and pop culture from Southeast Asia and Hong Kong.

Booking.com

the island of Bali

A beautiful and cultural rich island of Indonesia, one among 17.000 islands.

Contact

If you need assistance please contact us at:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | https://www.theislandofbali.com

JSN Levart 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework